First and foremost, we all love how a fresh coat of polish on our fingers and toes make us feel, but beauty aside – taking good care of your nails is actually beneficial for your skin’s health.
Below are some cool “Did you know” facts on Nail Health.
Three reasons why your nail polish may chip:
- When your nails are wet, the natural nail expands and dries, causing the polish to chip
- If oils are not removed from the natural nail, polish may chip Vitamin deficiency may also cause your polish to chip
- FYI: Did You Know that applying a good top coat to manicured nails 3 – 4 times a week will help manicured nails last longer
Why does my natural nail turn yellow from wearing polish?
- If you don’t wear a proper basecoat your natural nail may turn yellow, also dark colours may cause the same result.
- FYI: Did You Know that a lot of dark colours carry a yellow hue or dyes
Why do toe nails get that dry flaky-white appearance?
- From wearing polish for a long period of time and from polishes that contain formaldehyde.
- FYI: Did You Know that OPI polishes are formaldehyde free
Do nails breath?
- No, nails don’t have lungs, so they can’t breath
- FYI: Did You Know that fresh garlic rubbed on cuticles helps the growth of finger nails? (cut a piece of garlic and rub onto nails about 2 – 3 times a week) Garlic is also an anti-fungal
How long does polish take to dry completely?
- Polish takes approximately 7 hours to dry completely. 1 base coat, 2 coats of colour, and 1 top coat
What causes my polish to bubble?
- Thick polish, top coat or base coat